THIS POSITION IS FILLED. WE ARE NOT HIRING RIGHT NOW.
Title: Executive Director – Health Initiatives
Reporting Unit/Supervisor: Governing Board
Location: Sukma, Chhattisgarh (Must be flexible to travel)
A. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
I DO is working in collaboration with the district administration of Sukma to improve the health outcomes (Malnutrition, IMR, MMR etc.) through a pilot initiative. For the year 2016-17, we will work on health initiatives in four Gram Panchayats (GPs) of the district. In two GPs, we will work on nutrition related issues. In the other two GPs, we work on nutrition as well as antenatal care to pregnant women. Click here for more details about the program.
B. POSITION DESCRIPTION
I DO is looking for an energetic professional with leadership skills to give direction to our health initiatives. The person would be responsible for
- Designing a strategy & implementing the project to achieve better health outcomes.
- Recruiting, training & building capacities and evaluation of field functionaries. Oversee project activities of field functionaries.
- Do periodic surveys of KAP (Knowledge, Attitude, Practices) among various stakeholders (like villagers, health workers etc.) about the first 1000 days of a child’s birth in the specific GPs. Design customized plans to improve health outcomes.
- Coordinate with various related departments of the district administration.
- Partnering with related organizations like NIN, School of Health Systems, TISS etc.
- Periodic reporting about the progress to the District Collector & I DO team.
- Constantly strive to enhance effectiveness & efficiency of the program.
- The candidate must be flexible to work on other priorities of the Organization.
C. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams across skill sets, geographies and functions
- Skill/Experience at engaging officials at all levels of Government
- Excellent communication skill both in verbal and written
- Language proficiency in Hindi & English
- Expertise in MS-Office
- Previous Experience in convening diverse set of stakeholders across health issues
- Knowledge about Public Health & related experience would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of local context & sensitivities
D. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Qualified applicants should submit Resume/CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for ED-Health Initiatives“. If there are any queries regd. the position, please write it in the same e-mail while attaching your Resume/CV. Please read up on the organization from this website. Feel free to apply; we are looking for people with passion & skills more than qualifications. No phone calls please. Mail us, we are active on e-mail.
I DO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Our team has been working in & around Sukma for the past 2 years and it’s as safe as any other location for individuals or organizations doing good work for the people. Please feel free to contact us at the email id for more information or clarifications, if any.